Friday, November 24, 2017

Different stages of the process. The white ones have been soaked in soy for a couple of days and will be left to dry for approximately a week. The others are further along. They were recently opened after a four hour steaming and will dry for a week or more before they are washed and ready to go.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017





T-shirts in the works. The colors will be less intense once they dry, but there are some nice prints here. I soaked a couple of the cotton shirts in soy milk overnight before bundling and the pink from the eucalyptus is brighter on those, so I will have to continue to experiment with the soy.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

My first attempt with cochineal beetles. They should emit a red. I however, used iron as a mordant which clearly alters the color. That's okay.
                  

Saturday, September 2, 2017

I unwrapped this late yesterday and was disappointed because the maple leaves weren't clear, but by this morning either I could see better or some magic happened during the night.

Friday, September 1, 2017

Thursday, August 31, 2017

 Bundles wrapped and ready for the walnut hull and eucalyptus dye pot.
Opening a bundle that was steamed. I see sumac and eucalyptus and coreopsis.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

I have recently been dyeing thrift store finds. I look for natural fibers to dye and when I find a silk shirt I'm happy because they are to dye for.

My mom said to me on the phone yesterday, "Have fun dyeing tomorrow!" Then she said, "I don't really like saying that."

I know. I'm not that funny.



Day 4 - not doing this anymore LOL -will only post when I feel like it. :)

This is a paper mache' head that I made a while ago. It fell off the wall when a crazy squirrel got into the house, ran up and aroun...